Information for Buyers - Buying your Home
We can help you purchase any property in town even if it is listed by a company other than Allison Ables Real Estate.
We understand that the internet provides you with more information than ever before. It's our job to help you sort through all of that information and introduce you to the best properties. With mortgage rates at historical lows and a large supply of available homes, we believe there has never been a better buying opportunity. Use our site to search for homes in a specific neighborhood, browse the latest foreclosure deals, and learn more about our community.
Buying a house without a REALTOR?
Trying to save money by going straight to the listing agent? Think again. They will probably thank you for doubling their commission. Now the listing agent will get both the seller's and buyer's commission. Most importantly - do you think the listing agent has the ability to act in the best interest of both parties?
A listing agent's job is to get the HIGHEST and best offer for the SELLER. If the listing agent is representing both the buyer and the seller, the listing agent is still trying to get the highest price for the SELLER. A higher price also means a higher commission.
You should look out for your own interests and use a BUYER'S AGENT. As buyer's agents, we represent you - and only you. Our buyer's agent services are FREE and we will show you as many houses as you like. No sad faces, no pressure, no attitude. If you don't find the home of your dreams the first day, then we'll go out again and again. We want you to feel confident about your purchase and have an overwhelmingly positive experience (we love free advertising ;)
When it comes time to write an offer, our job is to get you the lowest price and best terms possible! We access property records and look for comparables in the area to make intelligent suggestions. We'll walk you through completing the offer paperwork (on average, it's 13 pages in Gainesville) and use our savvy negotiation skills to close the deal in your favor. Best of all, our services are FREE and our commission is paid by the seller at closing. You owe us nothing!
*** By default, Allison Ables Real Estate operates as a transaction broker. As a transaction broker we provide you a limited form of representation that includes the following duties:
- Dealing honestly and fairly;
- Accounting for all funds;
- Using skill, care, and diligence in the transaction;
- Disclosing all known facts that materially affect the value of residential real property and are not readily observable to the buyer;
- Presenting all offers and counteroffers in a timely manner, unless a party has previously directed the licensee otherwise in writing;
- Limited confidentiality, unless waived in writing by a party. This limited confidentiality will prevent disclosure that the seller will accept a price less than the asking or listed price, that the buyer will pay a price greater than the price submitted in a written offer, of the motivation of any party for selling or buying property, that a seller or buyer will agree to financing terms other than those offered, or of any other information requested by a party to remain confidential; and
- Any additional duties that are entered into by this or by separate written agreement.
Limited representation means that a buyer or seller is not responsible for the acts of the licensee. Additionally, parties are giving up their rights to the undivided loyalty of the licensee. This aspect of limited representation allows a licensee to facilitate a real estate transaction by assisting both the buyer and the seller, but a licensee will not work to represent one party to the detriment of the other party when acting as a transaction broker to both parties. ***
Get Pre-Approved for a Loan
You should speak with a lender before beginning your home search. They can help you determine what monthly payments you can afford and what type of loan is best for your situation. Don't just compare rates; work with someone who can get you to the closing table.
- Yvette Weghorst at MetLife Home Loans
- Leslie Remy at HomeBanc
- Mary Gardner at Florida Credit Union
Ready to go?
Contact us to get started.